Swagger

Swagger
Haunted

Saturday, January 15, 2011

My ink. My tattoos all have great significance to me. I plan on getting more as well. I have eleven so far.

Located on the underside of my right forearm, this one says John Emmanuel Floodberg 1915-2000. He was my mother's father and out of all of my grandparents I am reminded most of him when I look at myself. I loved him and he loved his Benji as he used to call me.

This grizzly paw is right next to my grandfather's memoir because he reminded of a bear somewhat.

This is on the inside edge of my right forearm and the phrase has everything to do with how I view the world and the way we should treat those around us.

Bass clef on my right forearm. I love songs with a great, catchy bass line.

Outside edge of my right forearm. "Sic Transit Gloria Mundi" is a Latin phrase which loosely translates to: "The glory of man is fleeting" or "So passes the glory of man/the world."

Outside edge of my left forearm. This one is my name written using Elder Norse Runes. The English letter equivalents of them being B E N J A M I N

Treble clef on my left forearm. Some of the best tunes out there are created through use of a fluid melody.

 Sparrow with the word "Free" underneath it on my left bicep. Sparrows are majestic, graceful, and beautiful. I yearn to to have that kind of freedom that the sparrow possesses.

Surrealistic drawing of a tree with a celtic shield with a musical note on it and wings intsead of foliage with an acoustic guitar head emerging from the top and the roots of the tree wrapping around and smashing open the face of a clock whose time is set for the time of day I was born, around 4:15 am.

Close up of the clock portion.

Close up of the left half of the winged shield portion.

Located on my right shoulder blade, this is Gavin Monroe, my best friend and brother's(we're not related by blood but he's my brother where it counts) signature. He has MY signature on his right shoulderblade(shown below)
Underside of my left forearm. Dreamcatcher containing the Breaking Benjamin logo being utilized as the netting inside the catcher. The phrase along the side says "Dream Despite The Odds." Dreamcatchers are supposed to stop dreams. So despite the fact that you might be thwarted, never stop dreaming.

No comments:

Post a Comment